0.7 is working for me... #VS2015 #Windows10

Sep 23, 2015 at 2:37 AM
Just wanted to leave a note that I was able to get the 0.7 beta working on Windows 10 with VS2015.

FYI, the Oculus SDK doesn't come with VS2015 projects, and the project upgrade wizard does not work. I was able to build the LibOVR.lib for VS2015 using a fork of the official SDK from here: https://github.com/raymond-w-ko/OculusSDK

Hope that helps someone else.
Coordinator
Sep 23, 2015 at 5:22 PM
The OculusWrap source builds without problems in Visual Studio 2015, by using the LibOvr.lib supplied in the VS2013 of the Oculus SDK.

Is there any reason why you want to build the LibOvr.lib for yourself?
Sep 24, 2015 at 1:44 AM
Hmm... My initial attempt was to copy the 2013 lib file and headers to the project folder, but it did not succeed. I had an unresolved link error in the dll project. I'm not really a c++ guy, so I didn't try to troubleshoot the problem.

I had read that there were some issues with unsafe code execution with the newer .Net and the 0.7 SDK, so I thought that may have had something to do with it. But it could have just been my inexperience with the c++ tooling.

However, after I got the new lib to build in VS2015, I copied it over with the header files and everything worked as expected.
Coordinator
Sep 26, 2015 at 9:43 AM
The most important thing is that you got it to build :)

The way it's recommended to build the OculusWrap solution is to copy the LibOVR folder to the OculusWrap solution folder. The DllOVR project is set up to search for the LibOVR.lib in the "(SolutionFolder)\LibOVR\Lib\Windows\Win32\Release\VS2013" folder.

The OculusWrap project uses marshaling, instead of unsafe code execution, to access the LibOVR C++ library. I know that some of the other .NET wrappers, that exist for the Oculus SDK, use unsafe code to call into the LibOVR library. The information you have read about problems with calling the 0.7 Oculus SDK from .NET may relate to one of those wrappers.
Marked as answer by MortInfinite on 10/2/2015 at 10:08 PM