GetVersionString() returns 0.4.4.6 in Version 0.5.0.1

Jun 11, 2015 at 2:27 PM
Hi!
I recently updated in my project OculusWrap from 0.4.4.6 to 0.5.0.1.
Then I noticed that the function GetVersionString() still returns 0.4.4.

Is that something I have to worry about? I don't have any issues so far but nice to know when I'm up to date.

I checked all references and dlls in my project and I'm sure that I'm using the right ones...
I also ran your Demo project 1.5.0.0 and put right after:
// Initialize the Oculus runtime.
oculus.Initialize();

oculus.GetVersionString()

and it returns 0.4.4 as well.

Additionally I checked in the Configuration Utility the installed version and it says 0.5.0.1 as expected.

However I saw that you checked in (#31241) support for 0.6.0.0 yesterday. Is it usable? Then I would try the new version.
Coordinator
Jun 11, 2015 at 4:25 PM
Hi Andy1234!

I think you're right, the version string returned from OculusWrap demo project version 1.5.0.0 (Using Oculus SDK 0.5) seems to be wrong. It looks like I used the wrong version of the LibOvr.lib library (Which comes from the Oculus SDK), when I built the demo project. I will remove the 1.5.0.0 demo project from the list of downloads, and replace it as soon as I have built a new one.

I just now released the new 1.6.0.0 version of OculusWrap, which matches the Oculus SDK version 0.6.0.0 (I checked in the code for it yesterday, but was too tired to also update the test project and website).

I also just verified that this 1.6.0.0 release uses the correct LibOvr.lib library :)
Coordinator
Jun 11, 2015 at 5:08 PM
I can see that it's much worse than I expected. The 1.5.0.0 version is completely useless, in the state that was released.

Fixing it requires changes to the code as well, which will require a branch of the code in order to commit the changes. Instead of spending more time fixing an outdated version, I would instead recommend that you update to 1.6.0.0 instead.
Marked as answer by MortInfinite on 6/12/2015 at 11:22 PM
Jun 12, 2015 at 11:05 AM
Allright thank you for the effort you put in that project...
I'm going to update to 0.6.0.0.