Nov 13, 2014 at 7:41 PM
Edited Nov 13, 2014 at 7:48 PM
Hello,

we are a team of hobby game developers.

We are currently working on our game "Biotopia"

www.biotopia-game.de

Our main homepage is here:

www.magicstorm.de

It is right now a 2D sandbox and role playing game but with complete 3d graphics.

From the beginning we wanted to make a 3d version of it later, which would be a bit like Minecraft but looking nicer and with lots more roleplaying and combat elements.

We already created a lot of games but always using Delphi with DirectX9 Headers. Of course I want to use that Oculus Rift now! But there is no Delphi SDK or something I found.

I am very familiar with C#.And I know there will be a free Visual Studio 2013 very soon for small companies or hobby developers. And so I found your Wrapper here.

Do you think I could create a performant 3D game with C# and your Wrapper and maybe using SharpDX or some other library that works with C#?

I need basically Rendering 3D Meshes in a 3D world with Shadermodel 2.0 or above, mouse and gamepad with 2 axxis support, sound support best would be Ogg files because they are free.

Do you think this would be possible? I am not very familiar with SharpDX I just found it is not updated anymore?

I could use Cplusplus maybe but I like and know C# much more.

Thanks a lot,

Firlefanz
Nov 13, 2014 at 8:04 PM
I just saw SharpDX is active and alive again. I had a look at it a few month ago then it looked dead...

I think I will turn away from Delphi to C# very soon if it works out.

Please tell me your opinion about that. :-)
Coordinator
Dec 14, 2014 at 2:35 PM
Hi Firlefanz,

Sorry for the late reply, I was expecting to get a mail if someone created a post, but I never got any sort of notification.
I don't see any reason why you couldn't create a high performance 3D game, using SharpDX.

SharpDX certainly isn't dead, it's one of the most popular methods of creating a DirectX application in .NET languages (The alternative being SlimDX).
Marked as answer by MortInfinite on 2/2/2015 at 7:11 AM